I’ve reorganised my Pinterest board about the practicalities of being an artist: blogging, website, social media, selling and motivation. All the pins I’ve collected are now in one space and I am going to go through them one by one reading them and applying the knowledge they contain.
Things I Wish Someone Had Told Me About Being An Artist
1. Don’t compare your work to others. Compare your work to the old.
2. You don’t have to go to art school, but doing so can get you further, faster.
3. Someone, somewhere, will love what you do (and pay for it). Find them.
4. Really good work takes a really long time to make. Be patient with yourself.
5. Create every single day. Even if it’s all garbage, you can’t improve on a blank canvas.